Worker Visas and Work Permits
in Houston, TX

If you are looking for a way to work in the United States legally, an immigration work permit may be the answer. Obtaining this type of permit can be a complex process, which is where our experienced immigration attorney can help. We will help you identify the relevant visa classification you may qualify for, complete and submit all the necessary paperwork, and represent you before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Our immigration attorney can also provide general advice on your rights and responsibilities while working in the United States and any potential risks and consequences associated with various visa classifications.

Work Permits

How to Qualify for the Work Permit

It is not necessary to have a permanent residency to get a work permit, but you must have a visa allowing you to live and work in the United States. Contact our immigration attorney if you are uncertain about your eligibility. Our attorney can help you determine your eligibility or make sure you are eligible if you are not currently eligible.

The next step is to complete the I-765 application form. There might be some questions you have to answer, but you should be sure to do so thoroughly, and our attorney will help you with any questions you have.

Upon submitting the form, please include proof of your eligibility. Your proof of eligibility could be a visa or an application to change your status. If you are unsure what to include, we can help.

Eligible immigrants include:

  • Immigrants with extraordinary abilities
  • K-1 Fiancé Visa holders, asylees
  • DACA recipients
  • Certain exchange visitors
  • Approved "temporary workers"
  • Immigrants whose applications for adjustment of status (Green Cards) are pending
  • Spouses of some visa holders
  • Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) or Temporary Protected Status (TPS) immigrants
  • If you are an F-1 student experiencing financial hardship and would like to apply for optional training.

Switching or Renewing Work Permit

If you are a foreign national working in the United States, your work permit (I-766) will expire at the end of your current validity period. If you decide to continue working in the United States, you must apply to renew or change your work permit before the expiration of your current Work Permit.

In most cases, you will need to provide documentation proving that you meet the eligibility requirements for the work. Switching or renewing a work permit in the United States can be daunting, but it can be a relatively straightforward process with the right information. The most important thing to remember is to start early and gathering all required documentation. Your current work permit can be renewed up to 180 days before its expiration. Keeping this in mind, it's a good idea to renew as soon as possible, even if you think USCIS will approve you for a new status.

The first step is to determine what type of work permit you need. Several work permits are available, each with its own set of requirements. Once you have determined which permit is best for you, you can begin the application process.

Types of work permits we can help you with include:

H-1B Visas. In the United States, employers can hire foreign workers on the H-1B Visa for specialty occupations. The H-1B Visa is temporarily a popular visa for companies to hire international employees. If you are interested in applying for a work permit, please contact us today to schedule a consultation. We would be happy to help you get started on the application process.

E-Visas. An E visa is a type of visa that allows people to come to the United States to conduct business.

  • The E-1 visa is for people who come to the United States to conduct business from a country that has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States.
  • The E-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a national from a treaty country to be admitted to the United States temporarily to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which they have invested or are actively investing a substantial amount of capital.The E-2 visa classification also covers employees of such a person or enterprise who are coming to the United States to render essential services in support of the operation of the enterprise.

We help clients file for E1 and E2 visas at our law firm. We have a great deal of experience with these types of visas, and we know what it takes to qualify.

work permits

L Visas. An L visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a foreign national to come to the United States to work for a specific employer. The L-1 visa is for intracompany transferees coming to work for a U.S. company in a managerial or executive capacity or for workers with specialized knowledge.

The attorneys at our law firm have extensive experience helping clients obtain L visas. We understand the complex and ever-changing immigration laws, and we will work diligently to ensure that your application is as strong as possible.

O-Visas. O visas are for individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. O-1 visas are given to aliens with a demonstrated record of exceptional achievements in the sciences, business, arts, or athletics.

The O-2 visa classification is for aliens who will accompany and assist in the artistic or athletic performance of an O-1 visa holder.

NAFTA Work Permit. NAFTA professional work permit is a document that allows citizens of Canada, Mexico, and the United States of America to work in the other NAFTA countries. The application process is relatively simple, and our attorneys can help you with every step.

How to Appeal a Denial by USCIS?

Reapplying can be tricky if you have been rejected, so it is best to ask for advice from an expert to ensure that you can be accepted and begin working. You should consider talking to our immigration attorney if USCIS rejects your Work Permit application due to a wrong entry or an ineligibility issue.

We Can Help

If you need a work permit, our team can help. We serve clients in Houston, TX, and the surrounding communities. Our team can help with the paperwork and ensure all the requirements are met to get your permit quickly. If you want to schedule an appointment, visit our website or call us at (713) 789-7500 to learn more about how we can help you.

Awards & Affiliations

Super LawyersMartindale-HubbellMartindale-HubbellState Bar of Texas

Ready to Help

We understand that each individual's needs are unique, so we offer various services to meet your specific needs. We will work with you to create a plan that fits your unique situation, and we will help you update your plan as your life changes.

If you need legal assistance for your immigration, estate planning, or family law needs, you can trust the Law Offices of Nomani and Nomani provide you with the highest quality of care. We proudly serve clients in Houston, TX, targeting Houston, Missouri City, Stafford, Sugar Land, Bellaire, and the other surrounding Texas communities. We’re committed to providing them with the best possible legal representation. Visit our website for more information, or call us at (713) 789-7500 to learn more about how we can help you.

    Copyright 2022 The Law Offices of Nomani & Nomani.All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy