September 23, 2022

I-765 Application: What to Know and How an Immigration Attorney Can Help

The I-765 application is a form used to apply for an employment authorization document (EAD). This document allows you to work in the United States legally and is valid for up to two years. The EAD can be used for any type of employment, including self-employment.

The application requires basic information about you and your employer, as well as proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. It is important to know who needs an I-765 application and how an immigration attorney can help make the process go smoothly.

Who Needs an I-765 Application?

United States citizens and lawful permanent residents can complete an I-765 application if they need to work legally in the U. S. but do not have a valid visa or green card. Some of the reasons someone might need an EAD card include:

  • They are applying for asylum in the U.S. and want to work while their case is pending.
  • They are currently undocumented and want to work legally to support their family.
  • They are a legal resident, but their green card has expired, and they need proof of employment authorization to renew it.

How Do You Apply for an EAD Card?

You can apply for an EAD card by completing the I-765 application form and submitting it along with all other required documents. There is more information about how to apply on the USCIS website.

Can an Immigration Attorney Help You with the I-765 Application?

Yes, an immigration attorney can help you with your I-765 application. Your immigration attorney will be familiar with the requirements for this type of application and can help ensure that your case is as strong as possible. They can review your supporting documents and make sure that they are complete, accurate, and turned in on time. They can also help you in applying and guide what evidence to submit in support of your application. If there are any problems with your application, an attorney can help you resolve them.

The Law Offices of Nomani & Nomani Can Help

Getting legal assistance before beginning an I-765 application would be helpful. A Houston area immigration attorney can look at your situation and advise you on what you need to do to meet the requirements. They can also assist you in filing an appeal if your I-765 application has been denied. A knowledgeable immigration lawyer from The Law Offices of Nomani & Nomani can ensure that your I-765 application goes as smoothly as possible.

To book a consultation, call (713) 789-7500 today. We proudly serve Houston, Missouri City, Stafford, Sugar Land, Bellaire, and the neighboring Texas communities.

Awards & Affiliations

Super LawyersMartindale-HubbellMartindale-HubbellState Bar of Texas

Ready to Help

We understand that each individual's needs are unique, so we offer various services to meet your specific needs. We will work with you to create a plan that fits your unique situation, and we will help you update your plan as your life changes.

If you need legal assistance for your immigration, estate planning, or family law needs, you can trust the Law Offices of Nomani and Nomani provide you with the highest quality of care. We proudly serve clients in Houston, TX, targeting Houston, Missouri City, Stafford, Sugar Land, Bellaire, and the other surrounding Texas communities. We’re committed to providing them with the best possible legal representation. Visit our website for more information, or call us at (713) 789-7500 to learn more about how we can help you.

    Copyright 2022 The Law Offices of Nomani & Nomani.All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy