September 9, 2022

How Can You Receive a Visa for Fiancés?

If you are planning to marry someone from another country, you will need to apply for a visa on their behalf. The process of receiving visas for fiancées is somewhat complicated, but with the right information, it can be done. In this post, we will get a summary of the visa application process and explain the different types of visas that are available.

The Fiancé Visa Application Process

To apply for a visa on behalf of your fiancée, you will need to gather some key documents and submit them to the nearest embassy or consulate. Some of the documents you will need include:

  • A copy of your fiancé’s passport
  • Proof that you are in a relationship (such as photos, letters, emails, etc.)
  • Documents proving that you can support your fiancé financially (bank statements, pay stubs, etc.)
  • A marriage certificate (if married) or proof of intent to marry (such as a wedding invitation)

There is no one-size-fits-all application procedure for receiving visas for fiancés. Depending on your circumstances, you may be required to attend an interview with an embassy official or provide more documentation. It is important to consult with an immigration attorney for specific instructions.

Types of Visas Available

There are several types of visas available for those who want to bring their fiancé into the United States. The most common type is the K-1 Visa, which allows your fiancé to enter the country temporarily so that they can get married. Other types of visas include the K-2 Visa (for children), CR1 Visa (if you are already married), and IR1 Visa (if your spouse is outside of the United States).

It is important to research all of your options before applying for a visa on behalf of your fiancé. Your immigration attorney will have detailed information about each type of visa available.

Get Help from Qualified Immigration Attorneys in the Houston Area

It would be very helpful to get legal advice before applying for a visa for fiancés. A competent immigration attorney can look at your circumstances and learn what you and your fiancé need to do to meet the qualifications. They can also guide you through the application process and advise you on improving your application and increasing your chances of approval.

Furthermore, if your fiancé's visa application has been refused, an immigration attorney can help you in filing an appeal. A skilled immigration lawyer from The Law Offices of Nomani & Nomani can get you on your way to a smooth start with your fiancé's visa application process.

To book a consultation, call (713) 789-7500 today. We proudly serve Houston, Missouri City, Stafford, Sugar Land, Bellaire, and the neighboring Texas communities.

Awards & Affiliations

Super LawyersMartindale-HubbellMartindale-HubbellState Bar of Texas

Ready to Help

We understand that each individual's needs are unique, so we offer various services to meet your specific needs. We will work with you to create a plan that fits your unique situation, and we will help you update your plan as your life changes.

If you need legal assistance for your immigration, estate planning, or family law needs, you can trust the Law Offices of Nomani and Nomani provide you with the highest quality of care. We proudly serve clients in Houston, TX, targeting Houston, Missouri City, Stafford, Sugar Land, Bellaire, and the other surrounding Texas communities. We’re committed to providing them with the best possible legal representation. Visit our website for more information, or call us at (713) 789-7500 to learn more about how we can help you.

    Copyright 2022 The Law Offices of Nomani & Nomani.All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy